Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simple LDAP Error Fix (MFP Device)

If you are like me you are around multifunction devices on Windows Domains a lot. I had a strange issue pop up that I over thought.

We made a user account that is limited for the scanned or email distribution on the network "If you don't you need one and limit security issues"

Anyway all the devices one by one stopped working so I was looking into every server trying to figure out what service or server was giving bad LDAP information. It was as simple as the account locking itself out. So I spent 20 minutes figuring out my GPO locked my printer user account. So start with the simple things first. "Hand Slap to Head"


-Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcome.